Friday, January 9, 2015

Humans Are Funny Beings

image source: deviantart.net, overthinking by kijadoll


Don't you think so? Don't you think that humans are funny?

Don't you think how we sometimes think, or act, react to something defies logic completely?

Like for example okay, I have just realized that I'm happy.

I'm happy with my job, I'm happy with my marriage, I'm happy with where I live, I'm happy with my car, I'm happy with what I have.

Just you know, one of those rare stars-all-alligned happy.

You'd think I'd be okay with that, and continue on being happy wouldn't you.

But Noooooooo... of course not. Of course my brain has to go on overdrive, and plant a seed of doubt among all that rainbow-colored, butterfly-filled meadow of happiness.

Among that happiness, I feel doubt, like "Am I doing the right thing? Sure I'm happy now, but is it really ok to be happy with what I have? Am I being complacent?"

Do you get what I mean? I am exasperated with my own train of thoughts, but It's just there. Deeply rooted in my brain.

I don't know if your brain also does the same thing where it has this death grip on a string of cynicism within you, and sneakily use it on you whenever you're feeling content.


You: "Hey, I feel good. I'm happy, and content and the world is such a wonderful place"
Brain: "Hey there"
You : "hey Brain!"
Brain: "So...Word on the street is that... you're....happy...?"
You: "Yes! Totally! I feel like everything has finally fallen into place, and everything is going right!"
Brain: "So it's true then? You're definitely happy?"
You: "Yes!"
Brain: "HA!!! I DONT THINK SO!"


and then wham! every ounce of doubt you've ever felt hits you like a full-speed train that Bruno Mars won't even jump in front of for you. and then you hear a little voice inside of your head.


Brain: "now... isn't that better?"


Please tell me I'm not the only one, because if that's the case, I might have to check myself into a mental institution.

Much love,
Xs and Os

1 comment:

Pages - Menu