Thursday, December 4, 2014

Winner Winner Oven Dinner - Yummy Quick Oven Meals You Can Make With Minimum Effort

picture source: tumblr.com


I love cooking, and I used to cook a lot at home, but now that I've started working again (I've had 8 months of being a complete slob, before finally being bored out of my head, I started looking for jobs again), I couldn't go on cooking everyday. All I want to do once I get home these days, is eat, cuddle and sleep (cut me some slack. I was a total slob for 8 months. Even the slightest movements tire me)

But then the Mister started complaining that he'd rather eat my cooking than eat out everyday, so I've tried this routine (which I have abandoned by the time I'm writing this because I'm on a diet and am surviving on cabbage soup), where I do the prep for all my cooking in one evening, so that I can just stick whatever ingredient in the oven when I get home, and watch TV or whatever, and dinner will be ready.

So here are some really easy oven recipe just in case you're as lazy as me, and don't mind not eating lauk kampung (omg, I'm so craving for rebung masak lemak and bergedil right now) for a week out of said laziness.

-------------------------------------------------------- * * * * * * -----------------------------------------------------------

1. Cheese Baked Rice

picture source: my own! ha!

Ingredient:
1. Shiitake Mushroom (or any veggie you like, but shiitake gives this dish an extra umph)
2. Rice
3. Canned mushroom soup
4. Cheese
5. Bacon/any protein you like
6. Parsley

Prep:
1. Pre cut mushrooms and bacon
2. Buy grated cheese.

Cooking method:
1. Wash rice.
2. Butter caserrole dish
3. Mix canned mushroom soup with water (1:2 ratio with rice, 1 cup rice, 2 cups liquid)
4. Mix rice, mushroom, and diluted mushroom soup in buttered caserole dish
5. season with salt and pepper
6. Cover with aluminium foil, bake at 250 for 35 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7. When almost done baking, put cheese and parsley on top of the rice, and continue baking until all the gooey goodness has melted.
8. Eat

-------------------------------------------------------- * * * * * * -----------------------------------------------------------

2. Garlic, Brown Sugar Chicken

picture source: ska


Ingredient:
1. Chicken leg (or breast of healthier option)
2. Brown sugar
3. Garlic powder
4. Shoyu
5. Sesame seed oil
6. Olive oil
7. Thyme (or whatever herb you prefer)
8. Salt to taste

Prep:
1. Marinate chicken in ingredient 1-7, cover with cling wrap, and put in fridge.

Cooking Method:
1. Wrap chicken in aluminium foil
2. Bake at 250 for 20 minutes
3. Open aluminium foil wrap (but dont throw it away! all the yummy juices are in there) and continue baking to brown chicken for another 10 minutes.
4. Eat

-------------------------------------------------------- * * * * * * -----------------------------------------------------------

3. Hamburger Steak (Or as the Japanese say: Hambaaaagu)

picture source: ska

Ingredient:
1. Minced beef
2. Shiitake mushroom (I bought a pack, so why not use it here right?)
3. Garlic powder
4. Panko
5. Egg
6. onion

Teriyaki Sauce:
1. shoyu
2. brown sugar
3. water
4. white rice vinegar
5. Corn starch

Prep:
1. Dice mushroom, onion.
2. Combine beef, egg, mushroom, garlic powder, onion, and panko, fold it in and make beef patty. Wrap patties in cling wrap, and put in fridge.

Cooking Method:
1. Take out patties, cook in oven at 250 for 30 minutes (I also popped in some left over mushroom)
2. Make teriyaki sauce, stir sauce ingredient 1-4 in a sauce pan, and leave it to simmer. add diluted corn starch.
3. When the patty is done, put a slice of cheese on top of it, and leave it to melt in the oven.
4. Plate, and drizzle generous amount of teriayki sauce on it.
5. Enjoy with rice.

-------------------------------------------------------- * * * * * * -----------------------------------------------------------

4. Teriyaki Chicken with Onsen Tamago (soft boiled egg)

picture source: ska


Ingredient:
1. Chicken leg (or breast for healthier option)
2. Egg
3. Kewpie Mayonaise
4. Thyme
5. Teriyaki sauce you made yesterday

Prep:
1. Debone Chicken (or just buy chicken chop or chicken strips)
2. Marinate chicken in teriyaki sauce (without the starch), leave at least over night

Cooking Method:
1. Cover marinated chicken in foil, and bake at 250 for 35 minutes.
2. Make soft boiled egg (bring water to boil, turn off the heat, put egg in, cover, leave for 12 minutes)
3. Make teriyaki sauce in a sauce pan, put chicken in teriyaki sauce, and make sure they're well covered.
4. When chicken is done, put it on top of rice on a bowl (like a donburi)
5. Cover with home made teriyaki sauce.
6. Put some kewpie mayo on top, crack your soft boiled egg.
Done!

Yum!
-------------------------------------------------------- * * * * * * -----------------------------------------------------------


Hope you can try them all, and find them as convenient as I did!

Tell me how it went.

Much Love,
Xs and Os

3 comments:

Pages - Menu