Friday, June 29, 2012

Weekends!

It's Friday and the weekend is upon us you guys!! I'm so glad that this week is finally over. Well, I don't go to work in offices on a 9-5 basis, but I'm very strict with myself. I have a schedule that I follow rigorously, because I really need to get my thesis over and done with.

mon schedule
And I'm like 2 days ahead of schedule, so yay! I'm pretty happy about that.

Plus it's the weekend! do you know what that meanssss? It means that it's time to say goodbye to ALL these


And helloooo to these!!


I really can't wait to start with this project. Gonna do it properly this time. I'm gonna use ruler for the hems and use pattern and bobby pins and everything! 


I bought the above material super cheap. It's a cheap ass material, only about RM5 per meter, and I'm super happy with how it looks. It's very unusual for me since I usually go for black. I'm a very black person, as you can probably tell from the title of my blog (and my bed sheets).But I don't know, I'm starting to dig all floral flowy chiffony things these days. I guess I've grown up (I don't know what growing up has to do with my color selection but...).

Anyway, I'm pretty happy with the material I got. It's chiffon, so it's super flowy, and it's got red, green and yellow on it, and the colors remind me of a flower garden. So it's KIND OF flowery without being too flowery. And the pattern looks like it's been drawn on using markers, so that appealed to the architecture side of me too, kind of. It looks like a presentation board a little bit.

I really can't wait to start doing the pattern for it, getting lost in the steady hums of my (tiny) sewing machine.

So here's to having a good weekend ahead! 

Will post pictures once it's done!
x

2 comments:

Pages - Menu