Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Another Sewing Project

So here I am,10 days after my last break, mentally exhausted, and needing another break. Man, I burn out fast. But you know what they say.. The brightest star burns out the fastest. lol. Oh, who am I kidding. I'm not even the brightest crayon in the box, but hey, humor me.

So, I thought I'm gonna start with another sewing project. I had some left over material from my last piece, you know, the one from my best friend's engagement ceremony, so I think I'm gonna use that. I have started cutting the material, and making some hems (burnt myself in multiple places), so all that's left to do sewing the  materials together!!! That's my favorite part. The steady hum of the sewing machine has this soothing affect on me.

Oh, btw, I lost my reference book, on how to make a pattern -_-, so until mom can get it from Indonesia for me (my aunt makes it, and it's the best! it's like "making pattern for idiots", so it suits me), I'm stuck with pattern-less pieces. But that's half the fun I guess..I really don't know if it's gonna turn out ok though (or if it's gonna turn out at all) I'm making a cape this time. I have always wanted one, but it never seem to be available here (which is the major reason that I start sewing at all), so Imma make myself one. I'm so giddy with excitement!

Hopefully I can get it done tomorrow, and bribe my sis to take  a picture of me in it on Friday so I can put it on here, to show you how it looks. I have also documented the process, if it's any use for anyone.

Till then.
x

p.s: decided to do an impromptu photoshoot for my sis for fun (paying it forward, so she'd take a picture of me) in one of my pieces. It's a yukata, and one of my favorites. I LOVE the floral prints. I got myself a lovely print chiffon too, so THAT's gonna be my next next project. so anyway, here's the picture. Maybe I'll post a picture of me in it in the future, if I can persuade/nag someone to do it for me.


3 comments:

Pages - Menu