Thursday, March 8, 2012

Estelle.

There was a homestay programme in Indonesian School Kuala Lumpur, where my mom works, and about 20 Australian students from Victoria came to live with us, to learn Indonesian(and Malaysian) culture, and to learn Indonesian language. We had an Australian girl staying with us. As I'm writing this, she's probably on her way to her terminal to catch her flight home.

I'm very upset that she's leaving, and I really don't want to annoy people on twitter/facebook by being all sad and depressed, and always talking about her, so here I am, venting out.

It really had been a pleasure having her around. She's a lovely young lady, very gentle, caring, and polite. We bonded over how intense we are, and how easily stressed out we are about a lot of things. I guess our mutual psychopath ways brought us together.

10 days together is just too short. I wish I had more time to spend with her. I wish I could have her company for a bit longer. Now I have nothing to look forward to in the evenings.

We cried our hearts out during the farewell party, so we promised ourselves that we won't cry when she had to actually leave. So, when I sent her to Indonesian School, before she leaves to the airport with her group, I managed to hold my emotions in. Managed to crack some jokes, even. But the moment the bus she was riding started moving, my tear duct exploded, and all hell broke loose.

Right now, I'm very devastated that she had to leave. And I really don't know what to do with myself, so here I am, venting out.

I miss her so so much already. I miss talking to her. I miss picking her up from school. I miss watching horror movies with her. I miss listening to her complain about her day, and people staring at her. I miss sitting down on my kitchen island, reading the paper while she eats her breakfast before going to school.

I miss everything.

I miss my sister.

2 comments:

Pages - Menu