Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Change: Project Skew and Project Skit.



I have been feeling down in the dumps lately, for some unknown reasons, i feel like i haven't been living my live. i feel like i have been just drifting to wherever the wind and the current takes me. just floating in the sea of uncertainty and possibility without me taking charge of it.

but then, I started reading my past blog entries, about my manic preparation to get a job, application to universities, IELTS test, about my woes of being in a long distance relationship, and such (i'm a whiner, my blog entries consists mostly whines. I'd like some cheese to go with that whine please. ha-ha. ok. dah la pinjam YM punya emoticon, pastu tak kelakar.-_-).

And then i realize, hey, I have achieved what i worked hard for.

I graduated, with a satisfactory CGPAs.

I have got a job.

I got a satisfactory IELTS result.

I secured a spot at several universities in the UK.

and I am still in a loving relationship.

*chastising self for being too hard on self*

I mean, hey, I have got tonnes of reason to not sulk and be grateful yes? I have got reasons to give myself a pat on the back yes? *pats self on back*. takdelah clueless sangat.

According to this poster my dear wise friend posted on facebook, being happy is easy. If you're not happy, just change what you're doing. I dont know why i have been sulking and moping around feeling like such an under achiever, but THAT is gonna change.

Ok, so I have been saying that i haven't been achieving anough, I have been saying that I want to learn something, that I want to achieve something, and I like fashion and clothes.(and shoes. hehe)

So, why not learn how to sew?? :D I know now, that i can be whatever i want to be. I just have to put my mind into it(now, THAT would be the hardest part about this challenge, but I'm determined to make this one work).

Let's call this project the "Skewing project". It means to distort the monotony of my life now, and to break free from the dullness that frustrates me so much, and push that barrier harder, to distort it further. hence the name of the project "Skew". (padahal dapat from memendekkan "ska sewing" jadi skewing. pastu nak go all konon philosophical. -_-. sorry, dah terbiasa mcm ni, because all the architectural project concept presentation I did. I had to explain why my concept is "connection" and had to turn it into an explanation of how "connection" means so many levels integrations. integration between man and nature, man and man, building and nature, building and surrounding, and such and such. sudahnya concept tinggal ciput je, and kena stretch my explanation a bit, supaya the design fulfill my concept. haha. eh, macam dah lari topic je?)

So anyway, that's one project I want to do.

lagi satu, I LOVE writing. so i might want to get into that also. let's challenge myself to write a novel. Let's call it the "Skit project". (ok so i got the name from ska+write minus the w,r and e. I can go on and explain how metaphorically sebenarnya it represents how my life is a parody and i want to break free from that. tapi i wont go into details, as i wont get my point across anyway, and will only come across as a douche)

So I will get one of those count dount app thingy on my blog, and post my progress here and such. (so that i can look back and say "hah. i got this far/didn't get anywhere at all")

So, this post marks the launch of Project Skew and Project Skit.




Let's look back after a year. Good luck ska.

xx

4 comments:

  1. Like Julie and Julia :)
    inspiring..u go girl! :)

    ReplyDelete

Pages - Menu